For the purposes of these terms and conditions the following definitions shall apply:
"The Company" or "We" shall mean The Organic Student Inc. and its appointed agents, to include Independent Licensed Operators
"The Customer" or "You" shall mean the person or organization who books a job and/or for whom the Company agrees to undertake worksand/or supply materials.
The "Operative" shall mean the representative or Independent Licensed Operator appointed by the Company to undertake the work.
1. Payment may be made by credit card online or by phone or can be made by cheque. If paying by cheque please ensure your address isvisible on the cheque. This is to ensure the money is credited to the correct account.
2. Payment by Credit Card will be made in full upon booking of a student garden.
3. Payment by cheque can be in two installments. Payment is due fifty percent (50%) on booking of a student garden and fifty percent (50%) postdated for April 30th, 2012.
4. Overdue accounts and late payers shall be liable to late payment charge of $25, with an additional $10 added every week thereafter.
5. Included in every garden are 10 regular maintenance visits to be done at an approximate frequency of once per week. Extreme weather may change this frequency up or down. A fixed price quotation shall be in writing.
6. In the event that the Operative is unable to gain access to the premises at which you have booked a job you will be liable to pay a $50 call out charge. This shall apply irrespective of the job being booked directly by you or by someone on your behalf e.g. tenant.
7. We shall agree with you a date and time for the works to be undertaken and we shall use our best endeavors to ensure the Operative attends at the agreed date and/or time. However we accept no liability in respect of the non-attendance or late attendance of the Operative or for the late or non-delivery of materials.
8. Any date or dates included in our estimate or quote are estimated dates only and we shall not be in breach of this agreement for failing to start or finish work by any date given in our estimate or quote.
9. When we have completed the work and/or supplied goods and materials we shall invite you to inspect the work and/or the goods and/or materials and shall ask you to sign the invoice indicating receipt of those goods and materials and/or that the work has been done. Your signature on the invoice will constitute acceptance of any work done or goods and/or materials supplied.
10. We shall not be liable for and accept no responsibility for unavoidable damage caused or any unforeseeable loss you may suffer as a result of the work carried out, nor shall we be liable for any loss of any nature which is not caused by our negligence or our breach of the terms of the agreement between us.
11. You must let us know of anything which you believe may present a hazard or danger to the Operative carrying out work before such work is started. You must also make sure that we have clear access to the work area and provide us with a supply of mains electricity and water if necessary. If we incur additional work or expense as a result of your failure to provide us with clear access and water, we may charge you a reasonable additional sum in respect of such additional work and/or expense.
12. An additional charge of $25 will be charged to "the customer" if
A) An order is cancelled and a charge back is required on the credit card purchase
B) If there are insuficient funds when cheque is deposited.
13. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall reduce your rights relating to workmanship and to faulty goods or those relating to our ownership of goods and materials supplied by us to you.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with Ontario law.
The Organic Student Inc. is a federally incorporated company. The incorporation number is 810478-6.
Organic Student Terms & Conditions
Organic Student Terms & Conditions';
6500 Route Transcanadienne
Pointe-Claire, Qc H9R 0A5
1 Rideau Street
Ottawa, On K1N 8S7